The purpose of the role is to:
- Understand the complexity of the different businesses, assess the impact in terms of VAT, Customs and Excises.
- Ensure that all transactions and activities are managed in compliance with VAT & Customs rules from Belgian and European directives.
- You ensure that all VAT reporting are produced accurately and in due time.
- You ensure reconciliations of accounts with VAT returns.
- You support the Account Coordinators and Managers from each business.
- You reduce exposures for businesses, avoid potential risks of penalties and fines.
- You defend VAT files during audits.
- You coordinate customs matters with Belgian sites.
- You liaise with Belgian and Foreign VAT, Customs and Excises authorities.
- You follow the evolution of VAT and Customs Legislations in Belgium and abroad.
- You write and maintain clear procedures.
- You hold a higher degree in finance (master or bachelor).
- You have a first operational finance experience in an international environment.
- You are fluent in French/Dutch and English.
- You are a team player.
- You are eager to learn.
Our client is one of the greatest chemical industry players worldwide. They are currently undertaking the largest overall construction project they ever did (Project One). In order to reinforce the already existing team, they are looking for an extra VAT, Customs & Excises Expert.
- A challenging job in an international and well noted company.
- A competitive salary package.
- Attractive career perspectives, as internal mobility is promoted.
- The opportunity to take part in a big project and have real impact on the business.